What is ThePhysicist?
ThePhysicist is a science blog that provides and promotes information on scientific research and education. Apart from publishing posts, ThePhysicist also conducts online courses and provides free and paid questions and answers services. In simple words, ThePhysicist is an independent investigator in science with a specific vision and mission.
Skip to ThePhysicist User Policies.
Every vision needs to be at the highest possible pedestal in terms of ideals, principles, passion and ethics. The vision of ThePhysicist is to establish itself as an online resources portal that offers everything in Physics to everyone. To consistently work on that vision, ThePhysicist has a well-defined mission statement.
To put it simply, the Mission of ThePhysicist is to work on its vision by serving the three identified categories among its intended audience: at the minimum, enthusiasts in Physics.
For the Researchers, ThePhysicist has a dedicated Research page that contains the following resource tools, with a lot more in the pipeline.
- Physics Research Engine (a customised Google search engine created to look for online content related to the key phrase among authentic and high impact journals, repositories of scholarly articles, news and blogs)
- Journals Index (a list of all the high impact and important research and review journals in Physics)
- arXiv Index (a list of all the branches of Physics)
- A list of recent posts in the 'research' category
ThePhysicist considers the Research page as a cornerstone page on the site and is in constant pursuit of making the page more useful by taking in direct and indirect feedback.
For the students of Physics, there is a dedicated Examinations page containing a list of the key competitive examinations covered by ThePhysicist, with the respective official information and links. Also provided are ThePhysicist Course Category Codes and Tags to make it a fluid experience for the students to understand which course to go for and which posts to look for. It is being emphasized here that ThePhysicist recommends the students to always refer to the official site for their respective examinations and use the resources on ThePhysicist only for guidance and coaching.
Ever-increasing resources and facilities are being offered both for free of charge as well as for a fee. ThePhysicist is committed to helping students prepare better in Physics for the following competitive exams in Physics such as NSEP, INPhO, IPhO, NSEA, INAO, IAO, NGPE, JAM, GATE, TIFR, NET, JEST, GRE Physics subject test and Advanced Placements Physics. Going forth help will also be provided to researchers working for a PhD.
ThePhysicist is currently working on building online courses in Physics meant for the aspirants of JEE (Advanced), JAM, GATE, JEST, TIFR, NET and JEST. Those courses and the supporting pages will soon come up on the blog menu.
For the enthusiasts, ThePhysicist offers many things for free, such as blog posts, news, a discussion forum. ThePhysicist also offers free guidance and assistance from experts if an enthusiast has a specific question or if they wish to turn into students or researchers.
Follow ThePhysicist on Twitter for all external updates.
Join ThePhysicist on Telegram for Real-Time Alerts
ThePhysicist User Policies
Privacy and Security Policy
- ThePhysicist DOES NOT store any financial information of any of its users.
- The information collected by ThePhysicist Social Login application from various social media platforms are minimal, viz, name, email and profile picture. This information is used by ThePhysicist only to make it easier for the users to register, log in, and manage their accounts on ThePhysicist.
- At any point in time, any user can delete their account by using the 'Delete Account' button on the 'Account' page, thereby deleting all of their data stored and managed by ThePhysicist.
- No user datum is made public or shared with any external entity (unless required by the law) for any comemrcial or non-commercial purpose.
- ThePhysicist uses secure servers to protect the sored user data and metadata. The entire site is built on the WordPress platform and uses default open source security protocols.
By creating an account on ThePhysicist, it will be assumed that the user consents to ThePhysicist privacy and security policies.
For any complaint, request, proposal or suggestion, please use the contact page.
Copyright and IPR Policiy
ThePhysicist has a zero-tolerance policy towards copyright and IPR violation. Stringent checks on the content are done before being published on ThePhysicist to ensure the copyright and IPR of the original creators are protected. ThePhysicist forbids all individuals, businesses and organizations from using any content of ThePhysicist in any manner (commercial or noncommercial) without formal permission from ThePhysicist. For any complaint, request, proposal or suggestion, please use the contact page.
User Behaviour Policy
ThePhysicist mandates all registered users to follow the BNBR behaviour code (Be Nice and Be Respectful) towards other registered users. Acts of any registered user such as but not limited to sharing of passwords and passcodes, using profanity, vulgarity, negative discrimination, piracy, and plagiarism, if noticed, shall get the user banned immediately. ThePhysicist reserves the right to initiate suitable legal action against such users.ThePhysicist shall not be held liable for any financial loss to such users under the mentioned circumstances.
Return and Refund Policy
Return and Refund policies get updated following the prevailing Indian and International business laws. Existing policies may get modified or completely replaced by new ones when products and services are introduced, put on hold or discontinued. However, customers with active paid products and services are treated as per their agreement with ThePhysicist at the moment of purchase.
The current policies towards return and refund requests are as follow:
- ThePhysicist currently deals with only virtual products and services for which no physical shipping is required. Thus there currently is no provision for returns.
- ThePhysicist currently accepts payments in two currencies, INR(₹) and USD($).
- Payments done in USD are NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Payments involving a currency conversion are NOT REFUNDABLE.
- Payments in INR can be processed for refund if the request is raised within 24 hours of the payment.
- The refund requests can be raised from the ticket tab in 'My Account' dashboard or at the contact page on ThePhysicist.
- Refundable payments done via any mode other than UPI may incur a deduction for processing fee charged by the respective payment processors.
- ThePhysicist takes no liability for any discrepancies in the currency conversion rate, if any, applied by the respective payment processor.
- All the information furnished by the customer during the process of payment are protected and governed by ThePhysicist User Policies.
- All disputes pertaining to the return and refund requests are confined to the domain of jurisdiction in India.
More information can be found in the FAQs.