Author, Instructor, Webmaster, and Researcher @ ThePhysicist
INTRODUCTION AND RESEARCH OBJECTIVES:
After working as a Physics Teacher for over a decade, I am now beginning to enter the academic research in Cosmology. So far, I have been mostly self-taught. However, now I wish to dedicate my time entirely to studies and research activities pertaining to Astronomy, Astrophysics, and Cosmology. For now, apart from reading the existing relevant work done by prominent Astronomers, Astrophysicists and Cosmologists, I am aiming for active participation in research activities of Observational Astronomy in order to gain hands-on experience of data acquisition and interpretation.
I regularly update my research projects on my profile on Research Gate at:
Master of Science in Physics
Jul 2017 — Aug 2019
Kalinga University: New Raipur, Chhattisgarh, IN
Graduated with 63.5% and in First Division with special focus on Mathematical Physics, Quantum Mechanics, Classical Mechanics, Statistical Thermodynamics, Plasma Physics and Computational Methods
Bachelor of Science
Jul 2012 — Jun 2015
Sunrise University: Alwar, Rajasthan, IN
Graduated with 63% and in First Division with focus on Physics and Mathematics.
+2 Science Jul 2000 — Jun 2002
SCS Junior College: Puri, Odisha, IN
Graduated with 75% in the Odisha state council exam and in First Division with focus on Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Electronics. Stood 3rd topper in the institute batch of 2002.
Matriculation — Jun 2000
Saraswati Vidya Mandir, Harchandi Sahi: Puri, Odisha, IN
Matriculated with 91% in the Odisha state board exam and in First Division. Stood topper
in school and 12th topper in the state.
Sep 2018 — Present
I teach Physics and Mathematics online live to students of higher secondary and secondary levels using digital pads, high fidelity USB headset, OneNote and/or online whiteboard. In this mode, I provide crash courses as well as doubt clearing sessions a few months before their examinations.
Subject Matter Expert (Physics)
Sep 2019 — Present
I design courses in Physics for Foundation, NEET and JEE levels.
- 12th topper in the state in 10th board
- Best model maker in district level science exhibition (hybrid bridge)
- Qualified NTSE
- Merited state scholarship in class 3, 5 and 7
- Merited Vidya Bharti Medha scholarship in class 5 and 7
- Won many accolades in debate, writing and quiz contests at various levels
- Completed online course on Udemy, titled “Astronomy – State of the art” instructed by Prof Chris Impey from the University of Arizona and got certified on 1 Jun 2018
- Audited the online course on Coursera titled “Introduction to Astronomy” instructed by Prof. Ronen Plesser from Duke University from 1st Dec 2014 to 5th March 2015
- Did industrial training and study project in June 2009 at Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, Sunabeda, Koraput on MiG engine variants and Sukhoi Su-30MKI engines and got certified
- Computational Software (MATLAB, Mathematica)
- Programming Language (C, C++, Python)
- Astronomy Simulation Software (Stellarium, Celestia, World Wide Telescope)
- General Computer Proficiency (Windows 10 and older, Mac OS X and older, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) )
Sky-gazing, Experimenting, Hiking, Travelling, Reading, Writing, Singing, Playing musical instruments, Thinking, Wondering and Wandering